Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Cure for Silence.

The Cure for Silence.

Freedom: Throw indecisiveness out the window.

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 12:53 PM CDT



What to wear, or what not to wear? That is the question.

In a barbecue, you would wear:
a. shirt and jeans
b. tank top and shorts
c. a summer dress
d. I just wear the first thing I lay my eyes on when I open the closet.

Hmmmm....should I go for D?

I was invited to a barbecue by a friend for this afternoon. The problem is, I have no idea what to wear. When did I reach a phase where I could no longer settle for a simple shirt and jeans for a barbecue? It all started at age 9, when my mom finally gave me the freedom to decide what to wear for myself. Also, maybe I get it from watching What Not to Wear. Those damn reality shows do affect people's way of thinking sometimes. I guess people were right: freedom does come with a price.

At this time, I am in the process of trying to convince myself that dressing-up is not as important as showing my personality. This day is about freedom, and freedom is having choices. Whether or not I could make up my mind about my holiday wardrobe is not the question. It's about having that much freedom to go crazy with on a fourth of July. That's what independence is all about!

So with that thought, I wish you a happy and safe Fourth of July. May your holiday be not as indecisive as mine!

Celebrate!

No comments:

FireHeart - Exploring Worlds of Fantasy

vadisworld - my way, my world

RostaChannels

Popular Posts